Friday, August 22, 2008

A very special thank you

Dear Pine Belt Quilters,

Hello, my name is Brenda Campbell I am Michael Garrett's sister I recently came across your website while researching some information on Michael's Ministry. I noticed your quilts for children article and it quickly took me back to one of my first memories that I have of my first day at the Louisiana Baptist Children's home. I was 12 years old when I went to live at the home I remember my house parent showing me my room and my bed, and handing me a quilt. My first night at the home I remember sitting in my bed crying and feeling scared and very lonely. I reached down and picked up my quilt I noticed writing on the quilt it read, "Presented to the children of the LBCH made with love the Ladies of the First Baptist Church". I sat in bed that night carefully looking at each patch I thought of these women and how much work went into making that quilt and how much they must care about the children at the home and a sense of comfort came over me. It was hard for me to part with the quilt when it was time for me to leave but for the next seven years I took very good care of it and I knew it would bring comfort to the next little girl or boy after me.

Although my quilt came from another organization, I wanted to share my memory with you and say thank you for giving your quilts to hurting children.

Sincerely,

Brenda Campbell

No comments: